1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tired of bugs and glitches

Discussion in 'Skylanders: Swap Force' started by AudaciousGamer, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Buzzed

AudaciousGamer Sheep

Message Count:
    au
    Hey all,

I love Skylanders a lot. But Swap Force really annoyed me in a way. For one I didn't like how some of the levels took so long to complete unlike in Spyro's Adventure they were short. I'd prefer more levels but short ones. Also with Spyro's Adv. and Giants having so many issues I didn't expect Swap Force to have so many issues.

A lot of my Swap Force characters were reset to level 1, in a battle mode the characters attacks would stop working and you would need to exit, in some battles the character wouldn't show on screen. The list goes on really.

What's the strangest thing that's happened to you in a Skylanders game so far?
  2. Hot

Torchiest Landshark Officer

Message Count:
    us
    Oddly, I haven't experienced any bugs or glitches, other than a harmless one where some orange base chase variants register as blue base. And I'm playing on the Wii version, which I thought was supposed to be the buggiest one.
  3. Artistic

Silverfire Guardian of Skylands

Message Count:
    ca
    Same, I never got any bug or glitch worth complaining about.
  4. Artistic

plebeianprint Landshark Officer

Message Count:
    us
    Sorry about your bad luck Audacious. I played Swap Force on the Wii U, Xbox One, and 3DS for a total of probably 256 hours, and I never experienced any major bugs. It's unfortunate that the very nature of bugs and glitches usually drastically differ from one player to the next.

However, I'm playing Skyrim right now, and while it's an apple to Swap Force's orange, wow; you want to talk about bugs? There are literally dead dragons falling out of the sky and landing on my house. I cannot seem to move them, either, so when my Skyrim daughter goes outside to play she's traumatized by decomposing dragons. Okay, then super tangent power ho!
  5. Hot

Message Count:
    us
    Haha, The Elder Scrolls game have a hilarious reputation for bizarre bugs. When the game worlds are so big, stuff is bound to slip through the cracks. Oblivion could get some truly weird behavior out of its "radiant AI". And then there was the realism of a homicidal bear chasing you out to the middle of a lake to attack you when you had water walked out there to escape it.
  6. Dead

dadsskylanders True Portal Master

Message Count:
    us
    I have had my Wii U freeze a ton, that is just for starters. My boys have had figures reset and of course there is the disappearing collection. Also I have seen some buggy things like performing an attack and the figure stays in the final position for a bit. A fun one is Eruptor's never ending fire. Look up the YOUTUBE vid on how to do it. Always funny to have a glitch on purpose. Still an awesome game and well worth a few bugs.
  7. Hot

Message Count:
    us
    And of course, after saying I've never had any trouble, the very next time I play I hit a game breaker. :confused:
  8. No Mood

Drawdler OG JOJO FAN

Message Count:
    au
    Here are the glitches I've had with SA that I can remember.

Spyro's Adventure 360
    -Chompy Pods in Pod Gauntlet can cause character to fall under the floor, or fly on top of the wall(you can also skip a part of the challenge using this to jump over the first wall, but I haven't figured out a good way to pull it off). This actually happened the first time to me with Terrafin which is funny considering one of his moves is actually burrowing underground. :p
    -Once I was playing Perilous Pastures, in the Water Gate, right at the entrance beyond the whirlpool. I decided to switch to Spyro. After I did the graphics on the ground glitched up horribly, flashing between flat grey and their regular texture. I think my XBox is dying, though, so I'm blaming my console for this. :p
    Spyro's Adventure PC
    -Game corrupts figures as soon as I put them on the Portal. I haven't had this issue with any other console. I've never even had a figure corrupt outside of the PC version. It seems to be because of my PC(some people don't have this issue at all, and I'm sure I've seen someone say it was from the PC), but I don't play this game on the PC any more, so I haven't messed around with it, I just know that it happens.
    Spyro's Adventure 3DS
    -The first time I played Empire of Ice, I did one of the Element Challenges and collected the scroll at the end. I don't remember exactly how it went but I died or something, then re-did the challenge and got the scroll AGAIN. Now my save file says that I have 38/37 Scrolls on the save menu(though not the in-game pause menu)...
    -This.
    -Game locks up system sometimes when reloading figures(it seems I might be moving the 3DS away a bit too soon and interrupting the connection at a bad time, but I'm sure that once it locked up and I didn't move away the 3DS at all). This only happened to me twice.
    -I've had glitches with the timer. It seems if you level up and collect a clock at the same time then you don't get extra time from the clock. I've had other glitches with it, including a graphical glitch where the timer shows 00:00 for a second, but I haven't messed around with them.
  9. Offline

night shift Sheep

Message Count:
    gb
    Iv had glitches when playing skylanders to normaly it's when I switch characters it sticks with the character I previously playedwhich happens in any game but now both switch and wii u version I had a glitch in both imagonators games at the thumping wumpa island level near the first ship minni game where I get stuck at the edge of a cliff then when u jump of your falling for your life and you don't die unless you remove the figure from the portal.
  10. Offline

night shift Sheep

Message Count:
    gb
    I played trap team half the time when I'm half way through a level my wii u freaked well more likely the game so I had to reset the wii u and restart the leavel