1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEW Tablet/Mobile + Cards Skylanders Game: "Skylanders Battlecast" Announced

Discussion in 'Skylanders: Mobile' started by Sage_of_The_East_Portal, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Angelic

Sage_of_The_East_Portal Ruins Archaeologist

Message Count:
    au
    Ok so the Official Skylanders Youtube Channel just uploaded video about their new tablet game that plans to work in conjunction with physical cards using the camera and AR functionality, as well as allowing players to battle online with friends.

Personally, I have mixed opinions, I know that I myself will probably be pulled in to buying much more than I intend to on this, yet I'm glad they're not forgetting about the smartphone platform. I'm also surprised that they extended the range in toys-to-life to including cards as well.

As it uses a simple camera and from the looks of the card there doesn't seem to be a unique barcode or image of some sorts that will distinguish one card from another (from what I've seen in the trailer so far), so I think using the power of the internet people can easily access the cards they want on the digital game. Despite this, the sensation of playing the physically cannot be replaced so I know I will definitely grabbing more than a couple of these in stores.

What do you guys think of "Battlecast"? Do you like the idea of a competitive cards-to-life series? Would you consider getting the game in a digital, and/or physical?
    Drawdler and Silverfire like this.
  2. Artistic

Silverfire Guardian of Skylands

Message Count:
    ca
    Looking forward to it, I like the look of the cards. Beside a short phase of Hearthstone addiction, I've never been a big fan of card games, but I can't see myself not getting into this.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  3. No Mood

Drawdler Mettaton~♥

Message Count:
    au
    I won't be trying this. Focusing on cards to use characters/attacks seems extremely underwhelming compared to scanning figures that store their memories and I doubt they'll be given good lore. I've never been a fan of card games and this one looks ridiculously simple. It doesn't help that I don't like any of the mobile games aside from Cloud Patrol, so I don't exactly see a good track record with these spinoffs.
  4. Sleepy

dadsskylanders True Portal Master

Message Count:
    us
    I have ZERO interest in this as well. I have never been able to get into card games.
  5. Veggedout

masuta Landshark Officer

Message Count:
    au
    I currently have no interest in this. Not really wanting to start collecting cards a well!