1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

@Admin: Please close this forum

Discussion in 'General' started by Silverfire, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Artistic

Silverfire Guardian of Skylands

Message Count:
    ca
    It's dead, nobody post anymore and I'm tired of cleaning up the spam mess. Thanks.
  2. No Mood

Drawdler OG JOJO FAN

Message Count:
    au
    Woah I'm gonna back this place up on an archive. It's a blessing in disguise to me that it's still up, just since I haven't done that yet... But yeah. It should be closed. I'm pretty sure all the regulars here are done with this place and I only come back to check stuff I posted sometimes for fun or to reread old notes. Both totally doable via archives. I don't normally care a load about archiving internet stuff, though it's nice when it survives, but this place really holds some good memories for me.
  3. Dead

dadsskylanders True Portal Master

Message Count:
    us
    I agree, it has run its course. :(
    Time to close the store front.
  4. No Mood

Drawdler OG JOJO FAN

Message Count:
    au
    If admin is reading this, I'm backing stuff up now. I'll edit this post when I'm done. It'll all be on archive.is.
    Not backing up every user page or something, but I'm going to back up all the threads, especially some that are important to me. Seems the front page graphics are all glitchy. Shame I couldn't save many articles and such before that happened.

EDIT: CONTINUING THREAD BACKUPS ONCE I WAKE UP. Everything from the Skylanders section and most of the Skylanders Games section still have to be backed up.

I miss this site. I miss having a place here. I miss just being more hopeful about things. But my life's gone to crap... I mean... It's exactly the same as it was, but I've had depression all year. I thought I was past this kind of thing.
    *sigh* I know this isn't the place for personal posting, but since it might be the last time I log in here, I gotta say... I'm turning 18 in under a month, but I don't want to grow up. I don't want to have responsibility... Nor be great, or famous, or rich, and if I could live without having to do work but not doing anything original, I'd be happy with that... I just want to live, have some fun, crack some jokes, love music and art, draw and write sometimes, hang out with friends... Not worry over wether I'll ever even have a home or ever even be happy instead of depressed like most of my life. But it feels like even getting up is work. I miss writing on here for fun. Doing anything for fun. There were these times between 2013 and 2016 where I felt I could, and it seems like the rest of my life, I've just been doing things to try and escape depression...

Anyway... If anyone wants me, I'm on darkSpyro, and sometimes Steam, same username. I hate to leave on such a downer note, so I'll try to find a fitting JoJoke. Err... I think this will do-

[IMG]
    dadsskylanders likes this.
  5. Dead

Message Count:
    us
    Very sad indeed. I will look for you in the other forums and wish you the best.
    Drawdler likes this.
  6. Artistic

Message Count:
    ca
    I sound more upset than I actually am in my first post, woops... but yeah this place needs to close, so much spam I'm tired of cleaning it while nobody really visits anyway.

Nice to see you two, good luck Drawdler in whatever you do, we'll probably talk a bit on darkSpyro some time and dadsskylanders too. I recently reread several articles we wrote on the site, I miss 2013 and 2014 when it comes to Skylanders, the series was so alive and it was so fun to write articles, post recent purchases, create art, various discussions, speculation, etc.

I am slowly moving away from Skylanders as a whole. I'm not unhappy about the franchise, it's just that the hype is dead and it's time to move on (to a less expensive hobby hopefully).
    Drawdler and dadsskylanders like this.
  7. No Mood

Drawdler OG JOJO FAN

Message Count:
    au
    Good luck to both of you too.
    And yeah. I really miss being more enthusiastic about the series. :( I miss just writing about something I loved. It didn't even have to be Skylanders, but I haven't had the same inspiration to write like that for really anything else but art (and there are people muuuuch more knowledgeable about art than me, so I don't have much point to write when others have said what I have to say better and I'm still very much an amateur).
    I feel the same about this franchise as you, Silverfire, though. I'll probably keep buying the games if they keep making more, but honestly, it'd be because I don't have much I like filling time with anyway and I like talking about the games with my friends. That's kinda how I am about following Pokémon now (which IMO, peaked with HGSS and to me with gen 4 in general, like Skylanders peaked with SF). I enjoy following them and seeing what's added, but the games themselves... Do enjoy playing new games when I happen to get them, don't really feel the need for newer ones, don't really see the serieses reaching full potential.
    dadsskylanders likes this.
  8. Dead

Message Count:
    us
  9. Artistic

Message Count:
    ca
    A bit of a dark thought but I hope Ghost is not like... dead. I find it odd that after all this time he would completely forget about the website he created.
  10. Dead

Message Count:
    us
    I agree, it is running on its own